I love this broccoli salad recipe because I usually have these ingredients in my refrigerator and I can make it any time without too much thought or prep. I made it for a friend the other night with a few other of my favorite salads, and we had a light, but incredibly satisfying, meal.
To make this Mediterranean
broccoli salad recipe, you will need some fresh and wholesome ingredients. Here is your vegetarian shopping list: fresh broccoli, olive oil, almonds, kalamata olives, feta cheese, lemons, whole-grain mustard, maple syrup, fresh herbs and shallots.
Mediterranean salad for lunch or as a side dish with dinner. We served it with delicious lemon feta potatoes to make a complete meal.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 large heads broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cups roasted almonds or other nuts (if you don’t have roasted nuts see Recipe Notes)
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, washed and zested (save the juice for the dressing)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- If you only have raw nuts, place them in a skillet on medium heat and gently stir and cook until golden brown.
- Real maple syrup is best for this recipe.
- Store any leftover salad in an airtight food container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli in the 2 tablespoons olive oil and some salt and pepper. Place broccoli on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 40 minutes, or until it is soft and brown. (Be careful not to burn it.)
- While the broccoli cooks, combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar and set aside. When the broccoli is finished cooking, transfer into a salad bowl and add the olives, feta, lemon zest and roasted nuts.
- Top with salad dressing and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 17.7g
Saturated Fat: 3.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 11g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
Total Sugars: 5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.