Keto Broccoli Salad – who says you can’t have your favorite potluck side dish on the Keto diet? This low-carb Broccoli Salad has broccoli florets, bacon, cheese, onion, and sunflower/pumpkin seeds in a mayonnaise tangy dressing. This is the perfect Keto side dish.
KETO BROCCOLI SALAD
Another Keto recipe? I’m living in Keto world at my house. I think my husband has taken on the challenge to take on any recipe and convert it to Keto.
Even for my son’s birthday he was convinced we could make a Keto chocolate cake and he wouldn’t notice. He was right! He didn’t notice.
So when it came to low-carb broccoli salad, there really weren’t that many tweaks we had to make to make it fit the low carb diet.
The original recipe for broccoli Salad traditionally has a sweet mayonnaise dressing. Mayonnaise is fabulous for Keto, sugar not so much. We replaced the sugar with Erythritol which is the generic term for low-carb sweeteners such as Monk Fruit or Swerve.
Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are also great for Keto.
- BROCCOLI – the key ingredient to a traditional broccoli salad.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – another great option would be Provolone.
- RED ONION – give the salad bite. You could use green onions for a more mild onion flavor.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS/SUNFLOWER SEEDS – a great source of healthy fats.
- CRISPY BACON – you can use low fat turkey bacon as well. The salty bacon pairs with the sweet salad.
- MAYONNAISE – creamy mayonnaise is the base for the creamy dressing.
- RED WINE VINEGAR/APPLE CIDER VINEGAR – you could even use white wine vinegar but it’s not ideal.
- ERYTHRITOL – any low-carb sweetener will work here that doesn’t raise your blood sugar and makes this a keto-friendly sweet dressing.
IS BROCCOLI LOW-CARB?
Broccoli is the perfect side dish and Keto-friendly vegetable because it’s high in fiber making it’s net carbs low. Broccoli has about 2 net carbs per 1 cup of raw broccoli.
HOW MANY CARBS IN THIS KETO BROCCOLI SALAD?
Only 2 net carbs in each 1/2 cup serving of broccoli salad which keeps your carb count low.
OTHER KETO RECIPES:
KETO SIDE DISHES
Yield: 10 servings
Who says you can’t have your favorite potluck side dish on the Ketogenic diet? This low-carb Keto salad has broccoli, bacon, cheese, onion, and sunflower/pumpkin seeds in a mayonnaise dressing.
fresh broccoli cut into small pieces
red onion, diced finely
sunflower or pumpkin seeds
cheddar cheese, cubed
low-carb sweetener (Erythritol)
(more or less to taste)
red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
bacon, cooked and crumbled
Combine broccoli, red onion, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, and cheese in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sweetener and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into the salad.
Let salad chill for about 3 hours. It may not seem like enough dressing but after it chills the dressing marinates and is plenty. This also allows the flavors to meld. Stir in the bacon right before serving.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
I like to add the bacon right before serving to keep it crispy.
Amount per serving (0.5cup) — Calories: 266, Fat: 25g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 8g