Sick of trying to figure out what to cook every night for dinner? Me, too. In fact, meal planning may be my least favorite part of adulting. But this five-ingredient cheesy chicken broccoli casserole recipe makes dinner, and adulting, easy!
My favorite meals are the easiest, quickest ones, especially those that everyone in my family will happily eat. Casseroles are a great solution, and this easy broccoli chicken casserole recipe is a perfect example.
This easy casserole recipe has just five ingredients and is very simple to make. It’s creamy, cheesy and filling, and can easily be frozen to eat later (see Recipe Notes for suggestions).
This hearty casserole includes the following ingredients: chicken stuffing mix, cooked chicken, broccoli florets, a can of condensed broccoli cheese soup and shredded cheddar cheese. The budget-friendly ingredients bake until the casserole is melted and golden brown.
This cheesy chicken casserole is a delicious dinner, especially when you serve it with a salad or a side of your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I used rotisserie chicken and saved the leftovers)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, not diluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chicken broth (optional, only if you plan to freeze it)
- To reduce sodium, you can use a low-sodium version of the soup.
- You could try mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
- For a spicy kick, feel free to add some red pepper flakes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave.
- Easy freeze option: Once casserole is cooled, transfer individual portions to freezer containers. Freeze completely.
- Plan ahead one day to use: Partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165 degrees F. Stir occasionally and add a little chicken broth, if necessary.
Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using only 1 1/2 cups water.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the mixture to a greased 11×7-inch casserole dish. Top with stuffing and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12.4g
Saturated Fat: 4.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 20.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.9g
Total Sugars: 4.2g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.